International Seminars / Meetings during 2016-17
- Canada visit 07.10.2016 to 16.10.2016
Prof. A.K. Susheela was invited to Toronto, Canada to address, the Regional Fluoridation Committee. Besides a few other Organizations at the invitation of the Community, to highlight the harmful effects of Fluoride and reasons for termination of Fluoridation in Toronto and all other cities in Canada. This visit lecturing in various areas were from 07.10.2016 to 16.10.2016, which included travel time as well.
- Singapore visit 27-28 September 2016
Prof. A.K. Susheela attended a Convention organized by the British Medical Journal (BMJ) Group on "Quality and Safety in Health Care in Asia". She presented a poster under the section "Population and Public Health" and how Anaemia can be corrected in school children without Iron and Folic Acid supplementation but through Diet editing (elimination of poisonous chemical Fluoride from consumption) and Diet counselling (promotion of intake of nutrients i.e. essential, vitamins, micronutrients, minerals and antioxidants through food, vegetables and dairy products.
National Seminars / Meetings during 2016-17
- Ministry of Health Review meeting of National Programme on Prevention and Control of Fluorosis (NPPCF) in NIN, Hyderabad 01.03.2017 - 03.03.2017
- Nagaur meeting Rajasthan: First Training cum Sensitization of Public Health Engineers on Fluorosis Mitigation on 07.02.2017, the second Training Programme was for the NGO Personnel Joining the Fluorosis Mitigation Team, for Implementation of FM Programme on 08.02.2017
- Hyderabad meeting 33rd International Society for Fluoride Research (ISFR) Conference in National Institute of Nutrition (NIN), Hyderabad from 09.11.2016 to 12.11.2016
- Claridges Meeting of Maternal Health Group of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on 13.07.2016
- TEERI Meeting on 22.04.2016
- DGHS Meeting in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi, on 04.04.2016
- JICA Meeting with PMC and Fluorosis Mitigation Team in New Delhi, 23.02.2016
- Ajmer meeting on Fluorosis Mitigation from 31.01.2016 to 06.02.2016
- JICA Meeting in Jaipur with Principal Secretary, PHED, in the Secretariat, Jaipur on 18.01.2016
- USAID Meeting with Dr. Sharmila Negi, 14.01.2016
International Seminars / Meetings during 2015-16
- Rectification of Anemia in Pregnancy. A.K. Susheela, N.K. Mondal, Kamala Ganesh and Rashmi Gupta. In: British Medical Journal (BMJ) Organized Convention on: "Quality and Safety in Healthcare in Asia" Convention Centre, Hong Kong, September 29th - 30th, 2015
National Seminars / Meetings during 2015-16
- CME on Fluorosis at Government Medical College, Trivandrum.
16th November 2015, Monday:
Silver Jubilee Oration on Tuesday 17th November 2015
- "Indo-Global Summit and Expo on Healthcare" during October 05-07, 2015 New-Delhi, India.
Theme: Novel Approaches and Recent Practices on Health Care".
Other Presentations made in the country
The objective of the meeting was to discuss health issues of the region and strengthen collaborative research with Medical Colleges and Universities of the Region.
- Presentation by the members of the Foundation on "Fluoride Toxicity & Fluorosis; Multifaceted Adverse Effects On Health"on , 14/1/2016 with Sharmila G. Neogi, Maternal Health Specialist USAID India | Health Office, American Embassy, Chanakya Puri, Delhi. Dr. Sharmila G. Negoai, Maternal Health Specialist at the USAID organized the meet and presentation made by the Foundation.
- Presentation on "Health Improvement Strategy For BHEL Employees & Their Families (Under CSR )" BHEL, Siri Institutional Area, New Delhi-49, 17/8/2015
- Desert Medicine Research Centre (Indian Council of Medical Research) Jodhpur, STAKE HOLDERS WORKSHOP, held on 27th and 28th July, 2015 at DMRC, Jodhpur Conference Hall. Dr. A.K. Susheela made a presentation on Fluorosis. The problem and its severity in Rajasthan.
International Seminars / Meetings during 2014-15
- XXXIIND Conference Of The International Society For Fluoride Research (ISFR) Chiang Mai, Thailand, November 25-28, 2014
National Seminars / Meetings during 2014-15
- Video Conference on "Fluoride toxicity in Water and Management of Fluorosis in India" on 20th February 2015. Conducted at the Invitation of the D. Chakrapani, IAS (Retd.), Director, Centre for Innovations in Public Systems, College Park Campus (CPC) of ASCI, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad.
- CUTTING EDGE 2014: Evidence to Action … A Reality Check ! International Conference on Womens healthcare, by Asian Research & Training Institute for Skill Transfer, Bangalore ARTIST 10th -11th May, 2014,
Presentation on: Gestational Anemia : What hampers Oral Iron Absorption & Hb production.
- Feasibility study & Presentation to the Technical Committee in Ministry of Health & Family Welfare on National Programme on Prevention and Control of Fluorosis (NPPCF): Revised Guidelines : Have been uploaded on the website of the Min. of Health and FW, GOI duly acknowledging the Foundations' contribution
- South Asia Conference on Policies and Practices to Improve Nutrition Security. 30-31 July 2014, Habitat World, New Delhi
Presentation on: Path-breaking discoveries for Correction of Anemia in Pregnant women and school children: For implementation in India and possibly in other South Asian & African nations
- Northern Regional Conclave on Next Gen Healthcare. Roadmap for India - Healthcare for All. Tuesday, 12 August 2014: Hotel Shangri La: New Delhi
Presentation on: Ending preventable maternal and infant mortality
- ICMR Task Force Meeting on: Fluorosis Detection and Patient Management : Teaching Hospital based Project for Research and Mitigation of the Disease. August 4, 2014 at ICMR Campus II, New Delhi
International Seminars / Meetings during 2013-14
- Attended Third Oklahoma University (OU) International WATER Conference and International Water Prize Award Ceremony on Sept. 23-25, 2013 in University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma. The conference theme was "Synergy at the Interface: Integrating Technology, Social Entrepreneurship and Behaviour Change" is designed to bring together participants from multiple disciplines responding to the UN Millennium Development Goals of bringing water and sanitation to developing countries.
The Topic of the Lecture delivered by Dr. A.K. Susheela was "Dental Fluorosis and Extended Health Effects in children : Guidelines for rectification and improving the well-being of children".
National Seminars / Meetings during 2013-14
- "Meeting with Bill Drayton: Ashoka Forum" 27 - 29th June, 2013, at Infosys, Pune, India.
- 43rd Guest Lecture , Centre for Community Medicine (CCM), AIIMS, New Delhi held on 29th August, 2013 in LT1 AIIMS. Title of the Presentation : FLUOROSIS: Mitigation of the Disease and associated issues: Recent developments in India
- Lecture to Doctors in B.J. Medical College, Pune
Title of the Presentation: "Fluorosis: Mitigation of the disease and Associated issues: Recent Developments in India"
Addressing all Doctors employed in Municipal Corporation Hospital in Pimpri Chinchwad on "How to view and address - health problem emanating as a result of F¯ toxicity and Fluorosis.
- Lecture to School Teacher from Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation on: "Would you and your students like to be healthy without tablets or drugs"
Addressing 1400 teachers of Municipal Corporation Schools of Pimpri Chinchwad in 2 batches of 700 each on the importance of Diet for enhancing hemoglobin and better health for growth and development. Iron tablets not required to be enforced on children. Simple nutritive diet with lots of fruits and vegetables adequate.
- Attended Annual Eisenhower Day Lecture, India's Journey to 2018 on October 21, 2013 in Delhi-O-Delhi Terraces, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
International Seminars / Meetings during 2012-13
- Attended Conference in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (GeoGen) 2013 from 5th Feb to 9th Feb 2013. The Topic of the Lecture was " Fluoride poisoning effects in pregnant women, infants and children: Simple and Easy to practise interventions for the community"
National Seminars / Meetings during 2012-13
- The emerging new tracks for addressing health issues with focus on anemia in children, low birth weight babies with disabilities and drug resistant rickets"in "Dr. S.C. Khandpur Memorial Oration" Annual Function of the Indian Academy of Paediatrics (IAP), Delhi 23/12/2012.
- "2nd policy support brainstorming on safe water and environmental sanitation in rural & urban india" 20 - 22nd September, 2012, at National Academy of Sciences, Allahabad, India.
International Seminars / Meetings during 2011-12; None
National Seminars / Meetings during 2011-12
- Prof. A.K. Susheela was invited and attended an "International Symposium on Access @ Base of Pyramid" held on 28th February 2012 at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi. The conference was organized by the Indian Public Health Association and Via Media Health Colloquium in association with (i) Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (GOI); (ii) Dept. of Community Medicine (AIIMS), New Delhi; (iii) Indian Medical Association (IMA); (iv) National Integrated Medical Association (NIMA); (v) Indian Medical Academy, (vi) All India Institute of Hygiene & Public Health (AIIPH), (Kolkata); (vii) Heal Foundation; (viii) Nutritionists Republic (NR) and (ix) Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM).
- Prof. A.K. Susheela was invited and participated in Bangalore World Water Summit held in Hotel Lalit Ashok, Kumara Krupa Road, Bangalore (Karnataka) from February 1-2, 2012. The summit was organized by Centre for Sustainable Development (CSD) in collaboration with Ministry of Urban Development, GOI and the State Govt. of Karnataka. She delivered a lecture on 'Safe water for consumption on a sustainable basis to prevent and control Fluorosis: A new prescription'.
- Prof. A.K. Susheela was invited and participated in the 8th India Health Summit ('Universal Healthcare - Addressing the Unfinished Agenda') organized by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) held in Hotel: The Lalit, New Delhi on December 1-2, 2011, under the sponsorship of Fortis Healthcare (India) Ltd, and Medanta - The Medicity and India Health Progress.
- Prof. A.K. Susheela was invited to attend and present a paper in 'National Workshop cum Exhibition on Drinking Water Quality' organized by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation (GOI) in the Stein Auditorium, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi on November 15-16, 2011. She delivered a lecture on the topic " Fluoride and Fluorosis Mitigation: Why the State Water supply Departments have failed to achieve the goal(s) in spite of massive efforts and investments: The way forward". The Honorable Minister Sri Jairam Romesh presided over the session.
- Prof. (Dr.) A.K. Susheela attended a conference on "Health and Longevity through Chai: The Wonder Beverage" held on 12th October 2011. The Conference was organized by ILSI-India at Hotel Le Meridien, New Delhi. The Conference is co-sponsored by Tea Board, Ministry of Commerce, GOI; National Institute of Nutrition and National Tea Research Foundation.
- Prof. (Dr.) A. K. Susheela attended the National Academy of Medical Sciences (NAMS) Golden Jubilee Northern Region Symposium on "Millennium Development Goals 4 and 5: Concerns, constraints and interventions" on 29th Aug, 2011. The symposium was organized by NAMS in Nutrition Foundation of India (NFI) Building, New Delhi.
- Prof. (Dr.) A.K. Susheela was invited as a Special Guest for the Dr. K.V. Rao Scientific Society Annual Function on 29th-30th July, 2011 at Hyderabad. Dr. K. V. Rao Memorial Oration trophy for the year 2010-11 was presented to her by the eminent scientist Dr. J. S. Yadav, Director, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad at the function.
International Seminars / Meetings during 2010-11
- Prof. A. K. Susheela, Dr. N. K. Mondal and Ms. Rashmi Gupta participated in the XXIX Conference of the International Society for Fluoride Research (ISFR - 2010), held in Hotel Fortune Park Bella Casa, Jaipur (Rajasthan) on December 2-5, 2010. The conference was organized by the Centre for Advanced Studies, Department of Zoology, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur.
- A Global Maternal Health Conference on 30th Aug. - 1st Sept. 2010 was held in India Habitat Centre, New Delhi. Prof. A. K. Susheela participated in the conference and delivered an oral presentation on 'A novel and effective interventional approach for prevention and control of anemia in pregnancy and low birth weight babies'. The conference was organized by (i) Maternal Health Task force (MHTF), EngenderHealth (UK), (ii) Bill & Malinda Gates Foundation (USA) and (iii) Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI), New Delhi.
National Seminars / Meetings during 2010-11
- Dr. A.K. Susheela & Ms. Rashmi Gupta visited Gagan Bharati Sr. Sec. Public School, Mohan Garden (Uttam Nagar), New Delhi on 30th March. 2011 at the invitation of an NGO 'KHUSI' and delivered a lecture on 'Fluoride poisoning / Fluorosis: Teachers ought to know the health problems: School children require attention & advice'. The programme was organized by an NGO 'KHUSI' located at Najafgarh (ND).
- Prof. A. K. Susheela and Dr. N. K. Mondal were invited and participated in the "Sensitization workshop on Fluoride in water" held at Department of Environmental Science, Shivaji University, Kolhapur (Maharasthra) on 22nd and 23rd March 2011. Dr. Susheela spoke in opening session in the inaugural ceremony of the workshop. She also delivered a lecture on "Fluoride toxicity and its ramifications: The need for sensitization and awareness generation to combat fluoride poisoning effects in the community" in the scientific session and Dr. Mondal delivered his presentation on "Fluoride testing in drinking water".
- Prof. A.K. Susheela was invited and participated in a "National Consultative Workshop on Strategic Planning on Rural Sanitation & Hygiene Strategy: 2010 - 2022" held on 14th January 2011 at SCOPE Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi. The conference was organized by the (i) Ministry of Rural Development, Dept. of Drinking Water & Sanitation / Rajiv Gandhi National Drinking Water Mission, New Delhi. Dr. Susheela delivered a lecture on 'Water Quality, its problems and way forward'.
- Prof. A.K. Susheela, Dr. N. K. Mondal & Ms. Rashmi Gupta visited Rajkiya Sarvodaya Kanya Vidyalaya (under Govt. of NCT of Delhi), West Vinod Nagar, Delhi on 18th Dec. 2010 to launch ICMR sponsored 'School Health Project' in the school. She delivered a presentation on 'Why the school health programme focusing on testing of students for hemoglobin, fluoride in drinking water and urine'. Approx. 40 Teachers along with Dr. Sarita Rai, Principal were present and attended the lectures and participated in the discussion.
- Dr. A. K. Susheela was invited to participate in a National Conference on "Water and Sanitation for all in Madhya Pradesh: Opportunities and challenges" on September 23, 2010. The conference was held in a hotel Nor-us-sabah palace, Bhopal (MP) and organized by WaterAid, Bhopal region. Prof. Susheela delivered a lecture on "Fluorosis and Anemia".
- Prof. A. K. Susheela and Dr. N. K. Mondal were invited to attend a 2-day 'Workshop on Fluorosis' held on July 31 and August 1, 2010 at ICMR Headquarters, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi. The objectives of the workshop was to (i) review the current status of endemicity of Fluorosis in India, (ii) to review the existing policies & programmes to combat the problems of Fluorosis in the country and (iii) to discuss the future course of action to chalk out the future strategy for research and development.
- Prof. A.K. Susheela was invited and attended as a Mentor for the 1st 'INSPIRE' (Innovative in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research) Science Internship Camp held in Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra (J&K) from June 25-29, 2010. The camp is an innovative programme of the Prime Minister of India. Department of Science & Technology (DST), GOI is entrusted with the implementation of the programme. The objectives are to attract students opt science and research as a career. Students of standards XI & XII (science streams only) from all over the J&K state to the tune of 535 attended the camp and interacted with the eminent Mentors / Scientists of national & international repute. The camp was Co-ordinated by Dr. Sunil Kumar Wanchoo, Assistant Professor, School of Physics on behalf of Prof. R.N.K. Bamezai, Vice-chancellor, Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra, Jammu.
- Prof. A.K. Susheela was invited and participated in the meeting of working Groups - 'Strategic Planning of the Department for Rural Drinking Water Sector' in Department of Drinking Water Supply, GOI held on June 3rd 2010, under the chairmanship of Mr. Bharat Lal, Director, Dept. of Drinking Water supply (GOI), Paryavran Bhavan, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi -3.
- A meeting was convened by Mr. Dara Johnston, Water, Environment & Sanitation specialist in UNICEF Country Office, Lodhi Road, New Delhi on 6th April 2010 to discuss the recent developments in the Fluorosis Foundation of India. Dr. A. K. Susheela made the presentation on 'An integrated approach to reduce (i) Anemia in pregnancy, (ii) Improve birth weight of infants, (iii) Reduce mortality and morbidity in pregnant women, (iv) Reduce mortality and disabilities in infants and children'. Other members of the Foundation, Dr. N. K. Mondal and Ms. Rashmi Gupta also participated in the discussion.
- Prof. A.K. Susheela has been appointed as Chairperson (honorary) of a Core-Committee by the Department of Health Research/ Indian Council of Medical Research to monitor the progress of 4 Task Forces in Fluorosis (2010). In this connection, she has conducted several meetings held in ICMR Head Office, New Delhi.
International Seminars / Meetings during 2009-10; none
National Seminars / Meetings during 2009-10
- A 2- day Workshop on 9-10 June 2009 for TAMILNADU WATER SUPPLY AND DRAINAGE BOARD (TWAD Board) Officials and Doctors in Tamil Nadu on 'Fluoride and its impact on public health' at Chennai were organized by TWAD Board with UNICEF (Chennai) support. Mr. Niranjan Mardi, Secretary, Municipal Administration and Water Supply Department (MAWS) inaugurated the workshop and revealed that 10 districts in TN particularly Kishnagiri and Dharmapuri districts are fluoride endemic. He also mentioned that high fluoride content would have been debilitating effect not only on bones and dental structure but also on the entire body. Continued effort of people from interrelated fields such as Water Analysts and Doctors is necessary to tackle the issue apart from involvement of the society. He also released a 'Handbook on Planning and Implementation of Water Supply programme in Fluorosis endemic areas in India' edited by Prof. A.K. Susheela.
- A. K. Susheela is appointed by the ICMR, as a member of the Expert Group, was invited to participate to share her views in the Expert Group Meeting on "Revision of Recommended Dietary Allowances" held at National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad on April 28, 2009 and the second meeting for finalizing the recommendations in Nov. 2009.
- A. K. Susheela attended the symposium on 'Emerging Issues in Food Safety and Nutrition' in Hotel La Maredien, Inspire Hall, New Delhi on April 24, 2009, organized by International Life Sciences Institute - India (ILSI).
International Seminars / Meetings during 2008-09
- Dr. A. K Susheela was invited by the Japanese Society of Fluoride Research (JSFR), Tokyo (Japan) on November 9, 2008 for the presentation to the (i) Members of the Japanese Society for Fluoride Research; (ii) Teachers Union of Japan and (iii) The Civil Society of Japan. The topic of the presentation was: 'Scientific Evidences On Adverse Effects Of Fluoride: In Human Individuals Due to Fluoride Contaminated Drinking water, due to Fluoride contaminated food and food products, due to fluoridated dental products and due to Fluoride emission from Industries'. The presentation has been published in the Journal of Fluoride Research (The Japanese Society for Fluoride Research, Tokyo, Japan).
- Dr. A.K. Susheela attended the XXVIIIth Conference of the International Society for Fluoride Research (ISFR) held on 7-10 August, 2008 at University of Toronto, Mississuaga Campus, Mississuaga, Ontario (Canada). Two scientific presentations (i) Fluoride action on hard and soft tissue matrix molecules: its implications in the understanding of Fluorosis; (ii) Fluorosis: Clinical manifestations, diagnosis and management of the patients were made on the two consecutive days during the programme.
National Seminars / Meetings during 2008-09
- Dr. A. K. Susheela was invited by the Chief Medical Officer, Nehru Shatabdi Chikilsalaya, Northern Coalfields Ltd., PO - Jayant, Dist. - Sidhi (M.P) to deliver lecture on FLUOROSIS for Doctors. To honour his request, Dr. Susheela delivered a lecture on Fluorosis - in all aspects in the above hospital on 16th March, 2009. After the CME, the hospital authority has shown interests to establish Fluorosis diagnostic facilities in their hospital as earliest possible.
- Prof. A.K. Susheela was invited to attend and deliver a speech on 'Fluorosis - its Clinical manifestations, Diagnosis and patient management for complete recovery" in the 4th Annual Medical Conference for the Doctors "CONFLUENCE - 09", organized by Hindalco Hospital, Renukoot (UP) on 1st March, 2009.
- Dr. A.K. Susheela was invited to deliver a lecture on 'Fluorosis: Integrated Management' in the State level Workshop on Fluorosis Mitigation Programme in West Bengal held at Hotel Mark & Meadows, Bolpur, District Birbhum (WB) on 18th Dec, 2008 organized by Panchayats' and Rural Development Department, Govt. of WB.
- Dr. A.K Susheela was invited to deliver lectures for the participants of the Faculty of Community Medicine, various Medical Colleges in India in a 'Seminar on WATSAN Updates for Public Health Specialists' jointly organized by Water Aid India and FR&RDF on 18th October, 2008.
- Dr. A. K. Susheela was invited to attend the 'Fluorosis Sensitization Workshop' for Administrators, Health Professionals and Policy Makers held on 30th July 2008 at Hotel Hindustan International, AJC Bose Road, Kolkata, West Bengal organized by UNICEF Field office, Kolkata. She delivered a lecture on 'Fluorosis Mitigation with views on the existing models in the Health Sector in the country · issues that need to be addressed for achieving success in the endeavour' during the workshop.
- Dr. A.K. Susheela was invited to deliver a lecture on 'Safe drinking water and anemia control in women and children in fluoride and Fluorosis endemic states' in a seminar on Safe drinking water in rural areas: Community based approaches held on 8 - 10th April, 2008 at India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi.
International Seminars / Meetings during 2007-08
- Dr. A.K. Susheela attended the XXVIIth Conference of the International Society for Fluoride Research (ISFR) held on 9-12 October, 2007 at Beijing China. A scientific presentation on "Fluoride ingestion and health hazards with focus on anemia in pregnancy and low birth weight babies: Guidelines for rectification" was made as the opening presentations during the programme
National Seminars / Meetings during 2007-08
- Dr. A. K. Susheela was invited to chair the session and deliver a lecture on 'Fluoride and Fluorosis: Issues to be addressed in the light of 2 decades of activities in India in the water & health sectors' on December 17, 2007 in the NIN meeting, Hyderabad. This was in the context of developing a 'Regional Resource Centre for Fluoride and Fluorosis programme for South India'.
- Dr. A. K. Susheela was invited by the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Govt. of Jharkand, to deliver a lecture on 'Fluoride and Fluorosis Mitigation: How to embark upon a programme and achieve desired goals' in the 2 day Workshop on "Water Quality : Fluoride and Fluorosis Mitigation - Strategy and Plan Development" on 19th to 20th November, 2007 in Ranchi.
- Dr. A. K. Susheela was invited to deliver a lecture on Fluorosis in the National Workshop on 'Fluorosis Mitigation: Challenges and strategy for Orissa' on 6th - 7th Oct. 2007 at Hotel Presidency, Bhubaneswar. The workshop was organized by the Centre for water for life, Regional Centre for Development Cooperation, Bhubaneswar (Orissa).
- Dr. A.K. Susheela was nominated by the Ministry of Rural Development, Department of Drinking Water (GOI) during August 2007 to be a member of a high powered Technical Expert Group (TEG) to review and make recommendations for improving the functioning of the Department of drinking water of GOI. Several TEG meetings were held in (i) Sept. 17-18, 2007 in Delhi; (ii) Nov. 7-8, 2007 in Delhi; (iii) Nov. 14-15, 2007 in Kolkata & (iv) Jan 29, 2008 in Delhi. In this connection, she has travelled to several places (e.g. (i) Gandhinagar, Gujarat (ii) Kolkata, WB to survey the existing infra-structure of the drinking water supply.
- Dr. A.K. Susheela was invited to deliver a lecture on Water supply and sanitation for all in the National level seminar on 'Water borne and related diseases' on 23rd - 25th July, 2007. The seminar was organized by Public Health Engineering Department (PHED), Kolkata at Water Treatment Plant, Dakhin Raypur, South 24 Perganas, (W.B.) and supported by WHO (India Country Office).
- Dr. A.K. Susheela, Dr. N.K. Mondal, Ms. Rashmi Gupta & Mr. Jacob Berman (a Medical student from Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston (USA) attended the conference on Water Supply and Sanitation on Sustainable drinking water supply - 'Sanitation for All - 2012' on 4th -5th July, 2007 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. The conference was organized by Ministry of Rural Development (GOI).
- Japan Bank for International Corporation (JBIC) seeking assistance from the Foundation for developing a project proposal for Fluorosis mitigation in Tamilnadu. Accordingly Dr. A. K. Susheela, was invited to attend the meeting held on 21st - 24th May, 2007 in Chennai with TWAD board and field visit to Dharamapuri (Bangalore). Another meeting was also held on 10th - 14th Aug. 2007 in Chennai along with field visit to Dharmapuri and Krishnagiri districts of Tamil Nadu.
- Dental Surgeon from Istanbul University (Turkey) visited the Foundation for study trip: Dr. Umit Demirel, a Dental Sugeon from Istanbul University, Istanbul (Turkey) visited the Foundation from 5.02.08 to 20.02.08 as a study trip to gain knowledge on issues on Fluorosis. He also carried out a Dental Fluorosis survey in a school in HINDALCO (Renukoot, UP) during his visit to Renukoot along with the Foundation's team for Health assessment and monitoring of smelter workers. A report submitted by Dr. Umit Demirel follows:
- Medical Student from Boston (USA) visited the Foundation for study trip: Mr. Jacob Berman, a Medical student from Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston (USA) associated with the Foundation from 2nd July to 28th July, 2007 as a Summer Fellow.
International Seminars / Meetings during 2006-07
- Dr. A.K. Susheela attended the "4th Asian Congress of Dietetics & Concurrent Symposium on Nutritional Links in Oral and Systematic Health" on 23 - 25th April 2006 in Manila, Philippines. Dr. Susheela's participation was sponsored by the Organizers - International Life Science Institute (ILSI), Southeast Asia Region, Singapore. She delivered a lecture on the topic "Fluorosis: Health consequences and nutritional intervention".
National Seminars / Meetings during 2006-07
- Dr. A.K. Susheela was invited to a deliver lecture in the "Training programme for Officers under various categories on Farm Land & Water management" on 6th March, 2007 in Central Soil Salinity Research Institute, Karnal (Haryana). The training programme was sponsored by Ministry of Water Resources, Govt. of India. She delivered a lecture on "The Triumphs in fluoride and Fluorosis mitigation in India - Strategy for Prevention & Control: How to plan and execute a project in a village - The Scientific & Technological implications".
- Dr. A.K. Susheela was invited to a deliver lecture in the "ICMR symposium cum training programme for Developing Capacity of Young Scientists especially for North-Eastern Region for carrying out Nutrition Research" on 19-20th November, 2006 in Mahatma Gandhi Memorial College, Indore (M. P.). The symposium was organized by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi; World Health Organizations (WHO), New Delhi and United Nation's Children Fund (UNICEF), New Delhi. She delivered a lecture on "Fluorosis Prevention and Control: How to plan and execute project with the aim to eradicate the disease from the villages and the scientific & technological implications".
- Dr. A. K. Susheela spoke during the review meeting on 'Reducing anemia in pregnant women with high fluoride intake on routine iron supplementation' held on 7 - 9th November, 2006 at Punjab Council for Scientific &Technology, MGSIPA Complex, Sector-26, Chandigarh.
- Dr. A.K. Susheela and Dr. N.K. Mondal conducted a 2-Day hand-on training programme for the 29 Chemists of 15 District / Block level Laboratories for water quality testing with focus on fluoride ● on the use of Ion Meter for testing Fluoride in ground water ● quality control procedures and ● handling of trouble shootings on 28-29th October 2006 in Kolkata. The training programme was sponsored by the PHED (W.B.) and UNICEF field office, Kolkota. The venue of the training was Ramakrishna Mission Lokashiksha Parishad, Narenderpur, South 24-Parganas (W.B.).
- Dr. A.K. Susheela attended the 2-Day workshop - 'National Water Quality Monitoring and Surveillance Programme (NWQM & SP)' on 20-21st September, 2006 in Kolkata. The workshop was organized by PHED, Govt. of West Bengal and UNICEF, Kolkata. She spoke on the 'Mitigation of Fluoride and Fluorosis'.
- A mid-term review meeting of the project "Reducing anaemia in pregnant women with high fluoride intake on routine iron supplementation" was held on 29th August, 2006 in USAID, New Delhi. Dr. A. K. Susheela and her team (Dr. Kamalam Ganesh, Dr. Mondal and Ms. Rashmi Gupta) made a presentation on the progress of the project.
- Dr. A.K. Susheela attended the 'National workshop on Technologies for Water Quality' on May 4-5, 2006 in The Grand Hotel, Nelson Mendela Road, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi. The workshop was organized by Rajiv Gandhi National drinking Water Mission, Department of Drinking Water Supply, Ministry of Rural Development (Govt. of India) in collaboration of UNICEF, Delhi. She delivered a presentation on "Drinking Water Quality: Fluoride & Fluorosis Mitigation Technologies".
International Seminars / Meetings during 2005-06
- Dr. A.K. Susheela attended the "11th International Conference of the Pacific Basin Consortium: Threats to human health & sustainability in the Pacific Basin: Environmental Pollutants & climate change" on 4th -7th Sept. 2005 in Honolulu, Hawai (USA). She delivered a lecture on the topic "Range of health hazards due to drinking water naturally contaminated with fluoride and arsenic in India: Risk assessment methodologies with interventions to practice for complete recovery". Dr. Susheela's participant was sponsored by GOI (RGNDWM) and UNICEF (New Delhi).
National Seminars / Meetings during 2005-06
- Dr. A.K. Susheela attended the International Water Management Institute (IWMI) - TATA Trust: Annual Partners Research Meet on 8 - 10th March, 2006 in Anand, Gujarat. She spoke on the 'The Triumphs in Fluoride and Fluorosis Mitigation in India'.
- Dr. A.K. Susheela delivered the 'V. Raman Endowment Lecture' on 'Quality water for life' during the 38th Annual Convention organized by the Indian Water Works Association (IWWA) meetings on 6 - 8th Jan. 2006, in Jaipur, Rajastan.
- Dr. A. K. Susheela was invited to deliver lectures in the "ICMR symposium cum training programme" for capacity building for carrying out nutritional research by young scientists of north-east region" on 25 - 28th October, 2005 in Guwahati, Assam. She delivered two lectures: (1) 'The scientific rationale for fluoride causing anaemia in Fluorosis patients and / Pregnant women and how the problem can be combated' and (2) 'Fluoride Iodine linkage and the approach for diagnosis and management of Fluorosis and IDD in children living in endemic areas of Fluorosis with or without Dental Fluorosis'.
- A mid-term review meeting of the project "Reducing anaemia in pregnant women with high fluoride intake on routine iron supplementation" was held on 5th July, 2005 in the Department of Science & Technologies (GOI), New Delhi. Dr. A.K. Susheela made a presentation on the progress of the project.
- Dr. A.K. Susheela attended the National workshop cum Conference on "Engineering Technologies for controlling ground water pollution: Drinking water perspective" on May 19-20, 2005 in the Department of Civil Engineering, IIT - Delhi. She delivered a key note address on "Ground water contamination with poisonous chemicals: Human health risk assessment focusing on fluoride in drinking water and the remedial strategies".
International Seminars / Meetings during 2004-05
- Dr. A.K. Susheela has attended the "Global Wash Forum in Dakar, Senegal (W. Africa) on Nov. 29th to 3rd Dec. 2004. She was invited to conduct a Session under "Learning lessons" where she chose to speak on "Children with Fluorosis & IDD (Iodine deficiency disorders): An avertable crisis from endemic areas of Fluorosis". She was also entrusted with the responsibility to display the kind of activities and achievements in terms of publications of the Foundation in an exhibition during the Global Wash Forum.
National Seminars / Meetings during 2004-05
- A Meeting was held on 13th December, 2004 with HOD of OBGY, and Medical Superintendent of Deen Dayal Upadhya Hospital about the working modalities of DST project on "Anaemia in Pregnancy & Low birth weight babies".
- Dr. A.K. Susheela attended the launching of the Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme of the GOI and World Bank, in FICCI Auditorium on 8th of November, 2004. She also attended the meeting of the Phase-I states participating in the activities on 9th November, 2004 in Habitat world.
- Dr. A.K. Susheela made a presentation on "Fluorosis excess inducing Iodine deficiency disorders in children" on 17.7.2004 in the Inter-Academy meeting held at IISC, Bangalore.
International Seminars / Meetings during 2003-04
- Dr. A.K. Susheela attended and participated in the 2nd International Conference on Environment, Health and Safety Aspects related to the Production of Aluminium in St. Petersburg, Russia on September 26 - October 1st, 2003. Besides making a presentation on Health Monitoring procedure for Smelter workers in Aluminium Industries, she also conducted a short course on harmful effects of Fluoride on health at the request of the Organizers. She also visited along with other participants, an Aluminium Factory located in BOLVO in the Russian Federation on 01.10.03.
- Dr. A. K. Susheela attended and presented a paper in the 4th International Workshop on "Fluorosis Prevention and Defluoridation of Water" March 2-6, 2004 in Colombo, Sri Lanka. She made a presentation on "Fluoride and Fluorosis Mitigation Programme: Project Implementation Strategy".
National Seminars / Meetings during 2003-04
- Dr. A. K. Susheela attended and participated in the discussion of the Joint National Committee of IUNS - IUPS - IUPHAS in the premises of the Indian National Science Academy held on February 16, 2004.
- Dr. N. K. Mondal, Scientist in the Foundation also presented a paper on " Fluoride and Iodine in drinking water and urine of the community living endemic areas of Fluorosis" in the same National Workshop held in Jaipur from 5-7 February, 2004.
- Dr. A. K. Susheela participated in a "National Workshop on "Control & Mitigation of Excess Fluoride in Drinking water" organized by PHED Rajasthan, Jaipur, on 5-7 February 2004 and sponsored by UNICEF Rajasthan. She made a presentation in the Plenary Session on "Health aspects of excess fluoride in drinking water and the strategy for elimination of fluoride problems by networking with Health & Public Health Engineering Departments".
- Dr. A.K. Susheela, made a presentation on "Drinking Water Problem with Fluoride in the urban sector & health problems of the urban elite" in the FICCI: "Water Summit" on 21 - 22 October, 2003. The summit focused on 'Fresh Water: Conservation and Management'.
- Dr. A.K. Susheela participated in a IGNOU - UNESCO Workshop on Project Implementation and the role of Women in Society and spoke on the role of women in providing of safe drinking water, organized by Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) on 6-7th August, 2003.
- Dr. A. K. Susheela addressed the Engineers of North East Hill States, participating in a training programme organized by Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA) on 5th August, 2003 on all aspects of "Fluoride poisoning in North East Hill States, health hazards and safe water and nutritional interventions".
- Dr. A.K.Susheela, addressed a meeting convened by the Chhatisgarh Council of Science & Technology on "Science and Technology Intervention related to addressing the problems of contamination of Drinking water in Chhatisgarh" held in Mantralaya, Raipur on 24.04.03.
OTHER NATIONAL MEETINGS ATTENDED
- Dr. A. K. Susheela attended and participated in a meeting of the Government of India / UNICEF on Child's Environmental Programme: Review of Sanitation, Hygiene and Water Supply Projects 1999 - 2003, held on March 9th to 12th , 2004 in Hotel Grand Intercontinental, New Delhi.
- Dr. A K. Susheela attended a meeting of the Credentials Committee of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of India held during 7-9 November,2003:
- Dr. N. K. Mondal, Scientist in the Foundation also attended the Review Meeting in Nagaon, Assam 0n 20-21 August, 2003. He was also able to assess the functioning of the Water Quality Testing Laboratory and a recommendation was made to the PHED and UNICEF that the Technicians functioning in the Water Testing Laboratory of the 3 blocks of Nagaon Circle should be imparted further training on water quality testing with focus on Fluoride.
- Dr. A. K. Susheela attended a Review Meeting on "Fluorosis Mitigation Programme" at PHED Office, Nagaon Circle, Nagaon, Assam on 20-21 August, 2003. The programme is sponsored by UNICEF, Kolkata and PHED, Assam.
- Dr. A. K. Susheela had a meeting with Dr. (Col.) Shankar, Chief of Micro-nutrient Initiative of IDRC, New Delhi on 3.6.03 for discussion on Iodine in drinking water, blood & urine of individuals having health problems due to deficiency or in excess of Iodine in the body.
International Seminars / Meetings during 2002-03
- Prof. A.K. Susheela attended the 3rd International Conference on Oxygen and Nitrogen free radicals: Cell injury and Disease. Organized by the University of West Virginia School of Medicine, Morgantown / National Institute of Occupational Health, USA, Morgantown, June 1 - 5th, 2002.
National Seminars / Meetings during 2002-03
- Dr. A.K. Susheela, attended, participated and made a presentation in a seminar on "Safety, Health and Environment: Challenges and Opportunities for Women" held on 6-7, February 2003 in India Habitat World, New Delhi. The conference was jointly organized by Confederation of India Industry (CII); National Institute for Working Life, Sweden and Society for Working Life (SWL), New Delhi.
- Dr. A.K. Susheela attended and participated in a conference on "Environmental Health" organized by Ministry of Environment and Forests (GOI), WHO and Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) during November 20 -21, 2002 in India Habitat, New Delhi.
- Dr. A.K. Susheela attended and participated in a training workshop on "Children's Environmental Health", organized by WHO, Geneva/SEARO, Indian Academy of Pediatrics and Sir Gangaram Hospital, New Delhi on October 14 - 15, 2002.
- Dr. A.K. Susheela, attended the International Conference on Water Quality Management: South Asian Perspective. Organized by International Life Science Institute (ILSI) India during April 11-12, 2002 and held in Jaipur, Rajasthan. Dr. A.K. Susheela was an invited speaker and her presentation was entitled: "Adverse healthy effects of fluoride in drinking water with special reference to children and remedial measures"
Other National Seminars / Meetings during 2002-03
- Dr A.K. Susheela attended a meeting convened by the Secretary, PHED, Jharkhand state on February 3rd 2003, to address the staff of the PHED, and plan a programme for Fluoride and Fluorosis mitigation in 2 Districts i.e. Sahibganj and Daltonganj.
- Dr. A.K. Susheela, attended a Review meeting organized by the PHED, Guwahati and UNICEF, Kolkata on January 19 -20, 2003. The Dental Fluorosis survey data generated by PHED Nagaon District and PHED of the Autonomous Council of Karbi Anglong district, were placed before the review committee. The data was discussed and future course of action was drawn-up.
- Dr. A.K. Susheela attended a meeting convened by the Advisor, the Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology on December 18, 2002 in New Delhi to discuss the various issues related to contamination of water, treatment, conservation and formulation of a programme for elimination of chemical contaminants in drinking water.
- Dr. A.K. Susheela attended a meeting convened by the Principal Secretary of the Public Heath Engineering Department of West Bengal on November 26th, 2002 to appraise the Department on the harmful effects of fluoride on health, the remedial measures particularly focusing on provision of safe water and improving nutritional standards of the community, so that they are able to combat fluoride poisonous effects. Her participation in the meeting was sponsored by UNICEF, Kolkata.
- Dr. A.K. Susheela attended a meeting on November 11th -13th 2002 organized by the American NGO, entitled 'Ashoka' for their understanding of the kind and nature of the programme being handled, executed and monitored by the Foundation in India. The meeting was organized and sponsored by Ashoka.
- Dr. A.K. Susheela attended two sets of meetings in Hyderabad, A.P. convened by the Principal Secretary, Panchayati Raj Engineering Department of Govt. of Andhra Pradesh. The first meeting was held on April 20-25, 2002 and the second meeting was held on May 13-14 and 15, 2002.
International Seminars / Meetings during 2001-02
- Prof. A.K. Susheela attended the WHO organized International Conference an Environmental Threats to the Health of children: Hazards and vulnerability: Bangkok 3-7 March, 2002 and participated in poster presentation entitled "Health benefits derived by children in endemic areas of Fluorosis in India through early diagnosis of Fluorosis and practise of interventions focusing on safe drinking water and nutritional supplementation".
- Dr. A.K. Susheela functioned as an National Co-ordinator for the Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council (Geneva WSSCC) India Chapter, upon her nomination as National Co-ordinator at the Brazil 5th Global Forum meeting in November - December 2000.
National Seminars / Meetings during 2001-02
- On July 13th, Dr. A.K. Susheela convened the First National Advisory Committee Meeting of the WSSCC-India Chapter, with Mr Anil Agarwal as Chairman at the Centre for Environment and Sanitation, Tughlakabad Institutional Area.
- Dr. A.K. Susheela participated in a Water Quality meeting organized by WHO, South East Asia Regional Office. Dr. Susheela also was nominated as a Reporter for the meeting.
- Dr. A.K. Susheela participated in a NICD / WHO meeting at NICD, to discuss the issues involved in developing IEC material for Fluorosis Mitigation.
- Dr. A.K. Susheela convened a meeting with Ms. Vibha Desai and her team of Ogly and Mather, New Delhi for developing a programme for "Wash Campaign" of WSSCC - India Chapter on 28.08.2001.
- Dr. A.K. Susheela, National Co-ordinator of WSSCC- India Chapter, participated in a seminar organized by Water AID India, involving activities of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh Community level workers on Water quality and Sanitation and Hygience Practises in Hyderabad on September 20-21, 2001.
- WHO visiting team (AG Howard and MS Kathy Pond) - visited FR&RDF on October 15th, 2001 for discussion on water quality issues and the contributions of FR&RDF, in the larger context of the country problems and issues in the drinking water sector.
- During October 17, 18 & 19th, Dr. A.K. Susheela attended the State Rural Development Minister's Conference in Vigyan Bhawan on Sector Reform Activities being implimented by RGNDWM.
- UNICEF/PHED Rajasthan Joint Programme on a Television broadcast on Fluorosis mitigation on Doordarsan Dr. A.K. Susheela participated in a group discussion organized by UNICEF and PHED, Jaipur and Telecast through Doordharsan, Jaipur on December 5th, 2001.
- UNICEF - FR&RDF joint action to bring out a Handbook for Public Health Engineers on "Planning and Implementation of Water Supply Projects in Fluorosis endemic areas in India". The Handbook, with contributions from 8 contributors, and co-ordinated by FR & RDF, was completed, and final draft submitted to UNICEF on 31.12.2002.
- FR&RDF - NEERI, Nagpur (National Environmental Engineering Research Institute) Joint Programme: A Joint programme on assessment of health status as well as impact assessment after introducing intervention on workers engaged in Fluoride mining at Dongargaon District Chandrapur, Maharashtra between the 2 Organizations commenced on 18-21st April 2001. Dr. Madhu Bhatnagar, Senior Scientist of FR&RDF conducted the activities. The first impact assessment was conducted during 21st -24th May 2001.
International Seminars / Meetings during 2000-01
- Prof. A.K. Susheela participated in the 3rd International Workshop on Fluorosis and Defluoridation of water at Chiang Mai, Thailand from 20-24th November 2000.
- Dr. Madhu Bhatnagar, Senior Scientist of the Foundation attended the 3rd International Workshop on Fluorosis and De-fluoridation of water at Chiang Mai, Thailand from 20 -24th November 2000 and presented a paper entitled "Prevention and Controal of Fluorosis: Impact of Interventions".
- Prof. A.K. Susheela, participated in the 5th Global Forum of the Water and Sanitation Collaborative Council, Geneva, held at Iguaccu, Brazil from 24th-29th November 2000, where Vision 21 and Iguaccu Action plan for Sanitation, hygiene and drinking water were discussed.
- Prof. A.K. Susheela was nominated as the National Co-ordinator for WSSCC activities in India.
National Seminars / Meetings during 2000-01
- Participated and presented a paper on "Safe Drinking water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion in 3rd World Countries" in the Water Resources Day 2001 and World Water Day held at Teen Murty Auditorium in New Delhi on 22nd March 2001
- Participated in the International seminar on "Health, Safety and Environment" in Aluminium Industries on 21-22 February 2001 organized by the International Aluminum Institute, U.K. and Association of Indian Aluminium Industries held at Hindalco, Renukoot, UP.
- Participated and presented a paper in the International Workshop on Fluoride in drinking water; Strategies, management and mitigation held at Bhopal, M.P. from 22-24th January 2001.
- On 25th January 2001, Dr. A.K. Susheela attended a meeting at Ahmedabad to review WSSCC activities of Gujrat State "Jal Disha".
- Participated in the Annual Review meeting of UNICEF, WES actitities in India, held at Aurangabad 31st August 2000.
- Participated in an Expert group meeting on Fluorosis at NICD, Delhi May 23rd, 2000.
- Participated in UN-Inter Agency Working Group Meeting on Water & Environment Sanitation sectoral co-ordination group meeting on May 2nd 2000, held at UNICEF, Delhi.
International Seminars / Meetings during 1998-99
October 19-26, 1998: Britain
- To address the British Pariliment: MPs and LORDs of the House of Commons: All Party Group Against Fluoridation.
- To address the Public Health Minister of U.K. (Ms Tessa Jowel and her Advisers) in the Ministry of Health, London.
- To address Public Meetings on Dangers of Fluoride and damage it causes to health at:
- Birmingham - Venue City Hall
- Bradford - Venue - Public Library
- BBC - Radio & Television programmes on Fluoride, for the benefit of the British Population.
- September 13-18, 1998: New York (USA)To address the staff of UNICEF (Water, Sanitation, Health & Nutrition) on Fluorosis Control Programme in India and its major achievements: Dr. A.K. Susheela.
- September 4-13th, 1998 South America (Chile)To present a scientific paper on Fluorosis Control Programme in India: Importance of networking with rural water supply implementing programme and Health professionals at the 2nd International Symposium. "Assessing and Managing Health Risks from Drinking Water Contamination: Approaches & Applications: Dr. A.K. Susheela and Gourishankar Ghosh.
National Seminars / Meetings during 1998-99
- Delivered an invited lecture in the symposium on Toxicology and Environmental Health organized at the Department of Medical Elementology and Toxicology, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi, Novermber 1998.
- Delivered a lecture at the Annual Meeting of the Nutrition Society of India - held at Hyderabad during 26-28th November 1998.
- Chaired a scientific meeting on "Control of Fluorosis" held at Nagpur and organized by Government of Maharashtra and UNICEF, Mumbai- July 1958.
- Delivered a lecture at the Nutrition Study Circle of the Nutrition Foundation of India, on Arsenic: A Public Health problem on 30.06.1998.
- Delivered a lecture in a symposium organized at the Nutrition Foundation of India on "Human Resource Development" and spoke on Fluorosis control: Information flow East to West: Beginning of a new era.
International / National Seminars / Meetings during 1993-98
- Prof. A.K. Susheela participated and delivered a plenary lecture on "Control of Fluorosis" at Gandhigram Rural University, from December 10-15, 1997.
- Prof. A.K. Susheela organized and participated in a symposium on "Science for Human Resource Development" at the Nutrition Foundation of India and spoke on "Fluorosis Research: Scientific Information Flow from East to West - Beginning of a New Era - 3rd December, 1998.
- Prof. A.K. Susheela, also participate in a symposium on "Public Health Nutrition Problems" organized during the Annual Conferences the Nutrition Society of India at NIN, Hyderabad and presented a paper on Fluorosis Control Programme in india: The Highlights - Nov. 26-28, 1998.
- Prof. A.K. Susheela attended and participated in the 2nd International Workshop on Fluorosis and De-fluoridation of water at Nazareth (Ethiopia) from November 19-22, 1997.
- Prof. A.K. Susheela, presented a planning lecture at the National Symposium on Toxicology and Environment Health at Hamdard Universtiy on 14-15, November 1998.
- Prof. A.K. Susheela, was invited to Britain to (1) addressed the House of Common: All Party Group Against Fluoridation on 20.10.1998, (2) and discussed with the Public Health Minister and (3) Public Meetings on the harmful effects of Fluoridation, Bradford & Birmingham on "The Dangers of Fluoride and Adverse Health Effect" - 21-26, 1998.
- Prof. A.K. Susheela addressed the staff members of Water & Sanitation, Health & Nutrition Section of UNICEF, New York on Sept. 1998.
- Prof. A.K. Susheela participated and presented a paper at the 2nd International Symposium: Assessing and Managing Health Risk from Drinking Water Contamination - Sept. 7-10 Santiago Chile 1998
- Prof. A.K. Susheela participated and presented a paper - Drinking water quality management in India: Issues and remedial measures: In the proceedings of the First International specialized conference on water quality and its management on March 1998, New Delhi.
- 10.Prof. A.K. Susheela participated in a meeting held at National Environmental Engineering Research Institute, Nagpur on 25.02.1998.
- Prof. A.K. Susheela delivered a Special Lecture to the staff of The Centre for Science and Environment, New Delhi on "Drinking Water Contamination with Fluoride and Fluorosis in India" on 06.01.1998.